View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Glenn, Hi Daniella:

Thanks for the nice words and the information about eyeballs.

Who would have thought that at my age, I'm learning about eyeballs???

lol

But I'm wearing pink!!!! That in itself is a miracle.

I just met up with Alan at Dunkin wearing my Hot Pink ensemble.

One of my neighbors (she looks and is built exactly like Susan Lucci), well, she said "oh wow, look at you, you look good".

Let me tell you something (and this is not vanity speaking). When a person gives you an unsolicited compliment, it makes you want to do better, to make yourself better. And it does wonders for your self-esteem. I always had self-esteem issues. I mean, who doesn't in this society where everything is based on how young one looks and how good one looks.

And then they kill you with the food at McDonalds, and Wendys and the Outback. Ever seen the newest ad for one of those breakfasts at IHOP?? I dragged Alan over to the tv and said "want to see a heart attack in progress?" He looked and say "oh my". The ad was for a BIG MAN'S BREAKFAST, or BIG EATER'S BREAKFAST.

The narrator said: "do you like to eat?? then come to our breakfast".
And there was 3 pancakes, 3 sausages, 3 eggs, hash browns, god knows what else. And everybody in the commercial who was eating this humongous meal, well no one was overweight. They had skinny people making believe they are digging into all this food.

The funny thing is, if I saw this ad on tv when I was 35, we would have hightailed it over to this place and Alan and I would have stuffed ourselves.

I remember those days like it was yesterday.

Just imagine the cholesterol in that meal???

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote