Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Doody

so sorry this painful one has flared again for you

my son has Crohn's and so in the same family of bowel disorders.

he started out on the meds (tried asocol and others) but once again, likely cos of his Tourette Syndrome meaning steroids are contraindicated, we just found not enough benefit and too many side effects.

He has been on Boswellia + Curcumin, Slippery Elm, White Willow Bark and so importantly DGL Liquorice root (MUST be the DGL form of chewable wafers- we use the one by NOW, and the Vitamin Shoppe brand is also good

The boswellia + curcumin mix (another NOW product) or also the curcumin + Bioperene blends are excellent anti-inflammatories, while the slippery elm gives a protective mucinous coating and the white willow bark is again anti-inflammatory plus natural pain relief.
The DGL liquorice root is getting a lot of attention for its remarkabel HEALING properties for all forms of intestinal and gastric ulceration

also, as I am sure you have learned the hard way, certain foods (or lack of them) can cause flareups.

My son has started having a high flax mixed grain and pumpkin seed granola cereal (made by Nature's Path) each morning and drinks a bottle of Ensure (or Boost) with it & his supplements as above and has found a really big reduction in those painful flare ups plus much better overall digestions.

((((((Doody))))))
hope that gives some more tips on keeping this under control for you

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote