View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi there.

In Alan's case, a tailor bunion is the bunion at the end of the foot (opposite the place where people have their bunions).

He has them on each foot. By each of his pinky toe, directly underneath, it's like a bony protruding thing. About 4 years ago, one of these tailor bunions gave him such grief that they operated on it. Same day surgery, in and out. He went to sleep, they did their thing, they put in a pin. Between the pinky toe and the toe next to it. It's the placement of the pin (or something like that).

And he did follow ups every week (he had to keep off of his feet for 6 weeks).
The doctor would check the pin and the stitching (the side that normally had the big tailor bunion sticking out of it was now nice and flat).

Then after it healed, the doctor took out the pin.

Now it's about 4 years later and it has come back but not like it was before.

Now it's the OTHER tailor bunion that is bothering him (but only if it rubs in a shoe). Since he has purchased these Propet Orthopedic shoes (that are really wide), well the tailor bunion does not bother him. They really do make the feet look wide, though.

Have you had yours looked at by your podiatrist?

Alan goes back in two weeks and I'm going with him. He doesn't remember to ask specific questions and I do. So we want to know if they think this new tailor bunion should be removed.

But right now, the main thing is that is ulcer has healed and we want to keep it that way.

And thanks so much for the nice words on my eyes.

Before you were diagnosed with Type 2, did you have a weight problem? Is that why you lost the 40 lbs. Congratulations by the way.

What type of meds are you on for the diabetes?? I'm on 30 of the Lantus. Down from 46 from two years ago. It's the only med I'm on for diabetes.

I used to be on 8 pills a day. Drove me nuts. When I was on the metformin, I never got out of the bathroom. I hated that pill.

But since I'm on the Lantus and I eat the way I do, well the weight comes off. Slowly, but at least it comes off.

Hey, it didn't take me overnight to get overweight and it's taken me years to drop the poundage, but I did it.

Maybe I'll look like Mariah Carey when I'm 70???? Alan would love that!!!

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote