View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you very much you guys.

Yes I did a search of the forums but didn't turn much up. I do know there are other places out there on the internet but wanted to try here.

I'm a veteran at this crap. I'm 58 and have lived with it since I was 27 which was my first attack. Being me, I let it go and let it go wondering what was wrong. Got to the point I couldn't eat or even hold down water. Just had a tremendous amount of pain and lots of bleeding, diarrhea and vomiting all at the same time.

I called an elderly couple, frineds of mine, to come help me. they ran a health food store. Believe me, I've tried all that stuff.

My daughter's dad had left us, I was in California with him and my baby and he left us. Anyway, when the couple came to see me, they took one look and said we are taking you to the hopsital. He had to carry me.

I had gone from 135 lbs, rapidly down to 116. Leveled out for a week and when I got really bad, tumbled down to 86 lbs. Anyway, they got me to the hospital and those people freaked and hooked me up to IV's and tubes everywhere. The doctor called my 0parents in Iowa and asked if they could come out...they didn't think I'd make it to the morning. My pulse was 172 when they checked me in. You could see my heart thumping against my chest.

I looked like a starved person...ribs sticking out all over.

Was in the hospital for one month solid on IV steroids and sulfasalizine. They wouldn't let me out until I got up to 106 lbs and promised to fly home where I could be taken care of.

That was the worst one. Been in the hospital a few times since then with IV steroids but not as bad as the 1st.

I've been in remission for quite some time. But now it's active again and scares me. I see my gastro on Monday and they are moving my annual colonoscopy to an earlier date. (Was supposed to have it in December but they want one as soon as possible.

It's better today with the high dose of Asacol. No bleeding for 2 days so that's good.

Thank you Chemar. I will be trying all of that healthy stuff as soon as I get this under control. Eating most anything right now worries me, lol.

And yesterday after my folks brought me home from the hospital pain clinic, they headed home and decided to go out for errands. My mom locked the back door, had a dog in her hands and a garbage bag, and she missed the first step.

She fell hard and ended up in the hopsita emergency room. Crushed her left heel and broke her fibula and of course sprained it. She's 81 years old. Oi vey.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote