View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 03:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
you are so wonderful and brave gaye.

acknowleding something you want to change is the first step.

then comes the baby steps.

what is 1 food that you eat or drink daily that you feel is bad for you? we can figure out how many calories you would save...and how much you could lose..but just changing that 1 food.

one thing that has really helped me..and heck the whole family, is no unhealthy snacks in the house. none. zip. zilch. we make them treats. after grocery shopping they can pick one. either a candy..like m&ms..regular size bag or a small bag of chips...an ice cream cone...

i do bake. alot. but i have modified recipes. we rarely eat bread.

an easy good pizza...make them on tortilla's.( the flavored tortill'as are wonderful. spaghetti sauce...load up with leftover veggies..or fresh...like tomatoes..spinich...meat if you like(cooked)sprinkle with cheese...low fat...lol..and bake. takes about 8-10 minutes. just enough time to get out plates...a drink..and there is dinner or lunch.

you can do it gaye!!!
I have a real bad pizza habit. I try to cut them inhalf and not eat the whole thing. But when you say tortilla's do you mean the thin flour ones you make burritos with? I would love other ideas too...

Find me on facebook:

ref=home#/pepperknowsbest?ref=name
or my blog
monicad1974 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
froglady (01-26-2008)