View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

oh Doody you and your dear mama are sure in my prayers.

Have you ever read Jordan Rubin's book called "The Maker's Diet"
He had Crohn's and reading your story there made me think of much of his own history.

My son has also lost so much weight and I truly despaired at one point on ways to help him with the excruciating pain and general malaise of this disease, but really do feel encouraged at how he is responding to this nutritional approach

altho we dont follow Dr Rubin's diet fully anymore, I do use the book for the yummy and easy recipes and general guidelines. I got mine at Borders

hoping this flare up comes under control soon Doody and also that your mother recovers well from the fall

btw my son says that when he has had intense pain, the rapid relief from quickly drinking down an Ensure (or Boost) is remarkable. Plus the nutritional stuff in them is well absorbed, being liquid, and so good for IBDs, where malabsorption of nutrients is frequently a problem (no dairy so good too for those who react to dairy stuff)

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote