View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterMyNap View Post
Sure, Beth, I'm here and this is MY thread that asked HOW ARE YOU TODAY? Today, you tell me how are you. This is how it works.

Are you certain that returning to OH is your only alternative?

Please continue. I'm listening.
I believe this is the best all around choice (except for weather). I talked to my one sister who's spare room I stayed in. She said that her husband and she were recently talking and wondering if I would come back. I didn't see that coming. I offered her a $200 a month and before I paid her nothing and had a p/t job. My b-i-l lost his job in IT and was unemployed for a year. Recently he got a job installing awnings or something, so I know money is tight.

The downside is she's been using the whole room as a closet and joked that I could sleep next door at our dad's house and live at hers during the day.

I sold my car to move here, so transportation may take some time. Her ex just fired his office staff, and I used to work there, so a p/t job is a possibility. His business is in the same building as her business.

My great MS doc at CCF Mellen center, my awesome dentist and eye doc are still there.

The negatives are living in a house with smokers and drinkers. The usual chaos that having family in the same city involves. I have missed the shar pei pups, but not the responsibility of them.

I don't like the depressed economy in OH, or the racial tensions. Out here everyone gets along and despite the housing market dropping the economy is fine here. OH weather sucks and the humidity is something I've not had to deal with here.

On the plus side I can celebrate holidays again, not even birthdays were acknowledged here. I've got one coming up soon enough.

I've considered just renting a room somewhere out here. Darts is sw D, where I am. MS doc is nw D, 40 min drive away and no car. Then there is all the expenses like rent, food, utilities.

I guess that is all for now. Any comments?

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION