View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 06:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default my last injury

there were a few drops of water on the floor in the bathroom at work. i slipped and fell. it really wasn't that bad physically but mentally i was really hurting because i didn't know at first it wasn't going to be that bad.

my trip to the emergency room was quite unimpressive. even though i have a healed over fractured vertebrae (that no one caught when it happened) they didn't think it was necessary to x-ray my back, even though i complained of back pain in the same spot where my fracture was. my ankle, which was turning pretty colors, they did not even bother to x-ray (or look at) at all, so i had to get that done later. my family doctor was not jazzed.

anyway, 3 days later another gal fell in the same bathroom. only this time, instead of a few drops there was a big puddle from a leak in the roof.

the thing that hurt me the most about the injury, was that some people came up to me and asked me if i was glad that the other gal fell, because it vindicated me. (translation - they didn't believe that my fall was a genuine accident until someone else had it happen).

some people just don't get it.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote