View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 09:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tourette's affects the serotonin, dopamine, and norepinehrine systems. His rationale was to try and touch the norephinehrine system and a tad of the dopamine system with strattera. He had done very well with the strattera/tenex combination for about two years. End of last school year really started having problems with his vocal tics, to the point he didn't want to go to school. Thank goodness it was the end of school and he only missed a few days. I thought once school ended and maybe he was more relaxed that his tics would diminish or lessen but of course they didn't. So we started him on zoloft this summer. He is a little shy but doesn't meet the criteria for anxiety disorder but thought the zoloft may help. again trying to stay away from the big guns(antipsychotics). The zoloft hasn't helped with the tics but he is more social and easy going, so I think I will keep him on it even though it hasn't helped his tics.
Thanks for asking questions, it helps me figure out things as well.
Anyway I found a doctor in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and should be getting a call from them on monday to set up an appointment. I am looking forward to finding out more information.
I will let yall know what I find out.
toosaucey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote