View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I have to ask...

WHY did your doc give you IVIG? IF it helped why was it stopped?
You must have some auto-immune component that showed during either blood tests, spinal tap or both...usually in combination with nerve conduction studies to be able to order such a test.
In my case, my PERSUIT of a doc who would test me [along the lines of LizaJane's worksheets] and once docs DID test me was the road to PT and IVIG which have been the only things that really truly help me.
Its up to YOU to find out what all has been done and learn as much about how docs have come to any conclusion as you can.
The auto-immune issue? Well, it's simply your immune system going totally haywire. IVIG steroids and pain killers are the 'modulators'. Treatments to stop things from getting worse. The vitamins, minerals and enzymes are boosters to your systems to help heal those nerves and maybe re-program the processes that have gone off.
As for medications. Take a good look and read in the 'stickies' at the top of this forum. There are over 50 different medications used for PN and one of them may have your name on it! It was my 3rd or 4th meds try to find Keppra worked for me. Neurotin was, essentially 'evil' for me. I think it was the hallucinations that were most disturbing, tho the sleeping 18 hours a day were an indicator that I didn't want to LIVE that way either.
Some of us have only small fiber involvement, others a combo...I have the combo. Any which way you look at it, especially at first...well IT PLAIN OLD HURTS! It can heal..it just takes a very, very LONG time!
Enough for now I've a sudden thunderstorm overhead...don't want to fry my 'puter? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote