View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hesitant...

hello,

Just read your post about rsd and breast cancer. Let my say first that I hope and pray for good results for your mammogram! It could be something completely benign and harmless.....and that is what I will fervently hope for you!
Now, let me also say that I write this post hesitantly because I do not want to scare anyone, especially you, because I'm sure you are scared enough right now!
Anyway I posted a research study that studied the blister fluids of people with rsd and elevated il-6 and tnf-a were elevated in the fluid. tnf-a is tumor necrosis factor and il-6 is an imflammatory cytokine that elevates the risk of cancer and lots of other problems I'm afraid.
The reason I tell you this is because there are things you can do to decrease these nasty little bugars! There is a blood test that you can have done that is relatively cheap, about $40, and it is called a c-reactive protein and if that shows any increase inflammtion you can then have another blood test done(more expensive I'm afraid) called a cytokine profile test. This will show exactly what cytokines are elevated so you can take the right stuff to get them back in line! The meds I have researched that work directly against these tnf-a and inflammatory cytokines are enbrel and trental. It has also been shown that taking high dose quality fish oil supplements can combat the inflammatory process as well. I'm not a doctor and I certainly don't have a stake in anything mentioned above, just trying to help, really.
Again, if nothing else I hope you get nothing but the best of news regarding your compression mammogram, hope you don't mind me going on and on, I just truly want to see everyone as happy and healthy as they can be! With best wishes and gentle hugs, jenny
jennyk38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CZZ74 (10-04-2008)