View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody View Post
I wonder about my poor 81 year old mom. Ma and pa took me to the hospital pain clinic yesterday for bilateral sacroiliac injections, then took me home. They went home and decided to run errands. As she went on the back porch, she lost her footing and fell. Crushed her heel and broke her ankle.
I wonder if Doody's back is feeling any better. Ouch. I wonder, (actually I know) how much sitting and driving long distances affect your lower back. I'm not sure how far you're going driving on your trip, but I gather you're doing the driving and it's a fair distance. I'm not sure of those details, but I hope you have a car seat that you can adjust so that the pressure isn't too bad on your lower back. A little cushion or lumbar support would help as well. Have lots of rest stops to get out and walk for a little while... Just ignore all that if you're not actually doing lots of driving on your trip.

I also wonder about your mum, Doody. What a shocking thing to happen. I'm really sorry to hear that.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote