Thread: No tramadol now
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have a ? the patch did your pain management doc prescribed this or another doc. I have a few apts set up and I saw on u of m no opiates or long term medication do they do. Is that typical? On ucla they did say meds but not sure if they just mean like Lyrica. When I was at OH the pain doc there didn't offer me any pain meds well other then doxepin but that is an anti depressent but the catheter he said may have a small dose of vicadin I think in it. I'm trying to find the right pain management place for me but to start at a less invasive level then the catheter at oh or why I was refered to u of m but I am confused if some of the docs just do that and then who does the meds if that is your gp or neuro or really it depends. Do only some doc too in pain management do the nerve blocks?I just don't get why the OH doc just said the tunneled epidural catheter but nothing else and sent me home with doxepin. Also if the catheter is so great and has no side effects barely why more people don't get it.
Dan I read about the patch but wonder why no one suggested it for me doc wise. I know they have been trying to be very low with my meds. Did you have any side effects at first? I'm wondering if it would be too strong and that is why or because its an opiate? Thanks
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote