View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
very curious.. have you ever tried benedryl.. pink box?
Do you mean using benedryl to help me sleep? Yes, I've tried it. It doesn't have any effect. I've tried Ambien too. It will help me sleep for a few nights, but then it just stops working.

There have been times when I've been absolutely desperate for sleep. These days I'm using 1mg clonazepam and one tablet of Calms Forte, an over-the-counter mixture of concentrated herbals. This is working for me pretty well. Calms Forte doesn't work by itself, however.

Oddly, the antidepressants have a tendency to keep me from sleeping. I don't know much about the zyprexa drug they tried on me, but every time I mention it to a doctor, they seem to think that it would have put me to sleep. On the contrary, while taking zyprexa, I rarely slept more than two hours in any 24 hour period. It had the opposite effect from what it should have. That's one of the reasons I'm concerned about taking antidepressants. I have had way too much sleep deprivation for too many years.

I've also read that the most common reason antidepressants don't work is due to an incorrect diagnosis. So far, the antidepressants they've given me have either had no effect or made things worse for me.
K.Ibsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote