View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff View Post
what i was really trying to find out was what are people's symtoms with the small fiber to see if i should push for this test or treatment. to see if it would help with the burning. there are no guidelines for someone injected with prolotherapy that gets PN like this.

i was on ivig BEFORE this happened from a blood test that showed my ivig low at my request. this was years ago. after so many treatments and another blood test that came out normal, i was taken off.
it had nothing to do with the pain at the time, but tiredness and frequent illnessess.

currently tried lyrica (rash) and neurtontin, (closed throat) havent found one yet. have many other drugs i cannot take because of side effects working on finding one. keep going to docs and trying to find one that has a clue as my PN is dx as the result of no other dx.
s
Hi Steff, for Small Fibre damage the symptoms are insensitivity to heat and/or cold, tingling, numbness, like an electric shock, or even walking on broken glass feeling, you mentioned tiredness before so i am wondering if you have had a b12 levels tested, was there any investigation why you were tired and frequent illness ?,
I personally found a lot of relief by using 200 mg x 2 per day Tramadol Slow Release, i had no noticeable side affects with them & Endep helped too, but they do make you feel tired, good to take at night.
Brian

Last edited by Brian; 08-27-2007 at 02:30 AM. Reason: additional info
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote