View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 06:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I may not have fired my neurologist, but he is out on disciplinary action. lol

Everytime I visit him alone he ignores me. If my husband comes, he fawns over me, telling me how he will get to the bottom of things.

but even that isn't enough any more.

After ordering blood tests, but telling me that it was time that we all realized that this has been going on too long for a medical dx, and that a psych dx seems to be the only solution...and after he rescinded his dx of parkinsonsim....my blood tests (from him and my gp ordered simultaneously) came back frightening.

AFter trying to contact his office and waiting days for a return call with no avail, I stopped in to discuss the results (which I already had obtained from my gp and who had instructed me to contact the neuro). I was told that he was too busy to see me (I just wanted anybody to talk with me). The nurse was very rude, said that they didn't have the tests. so I let her have a copy of my results. She said that she would leave them on his desk, but that he was much too busy to see me.

I left and went to see my gp. We are working on the problem ourselves.

I will say that he did have the nurse call and have some labs for me to do as a follow-up. I returned the call, saying thanks, but that I had already done the labs for the gp.

So, he is out for now, but since he is about the only game in town, I don't know how long it will last. There is one other neuro in town that isn't part of his office.

So, thanks for giving me the gumption to at least sort of do what I should have done nearly 7 years ago.

By the way, some of the follow-up labs have come back. Still bad liver function tests, but the cerulo whatever (the other copper test) is within limits (the serum copper came back elevated,, nearly double).

Kathy
mamafigure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote