View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwithT View Post
I just got banned and I am really peeved. I sent a reply to a man that is trying to get up to 600 pounds. People have been posting some pretty nasty things to him. Telling him he needs to get mental health counseling and accusing him of playing a joke on everyone. A couple posts from one member had been deleted. This guy has gotten up to 390 so far and wants to know if work will accept him obese.

I told him that by the responses he had gotten he wasn't being accepted on the obesity board. And that although right now he was young and didn't have any major health problems he was not healthy because the fat was building up around his heart and other organs. Then I suggested that he stay at 400 for a couple years and see how his health holds out and if he has any problems come up he will have a fighting chance. Then I prayed that he remained healthy.

I guess you can not try to be semi-supportive while pointing out someone's flaw in their thinking process.
Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling us that an otherwise healthy young man is trying to gain enough weight to weigh 600lbs.!!???

Oh my gosh! I just read that thread and he IS TRYING to gain upwards of 200lbs.!!! It's really interesting... bizarre actually, he justifies and defends himself but never says why he wants to be enormous. This is just plain freaky!

A lot of others have mentioned mental illness, questioned his wisdom, asked for an explanation, etc. and they aren't being banned. What did you actually say, BWT?

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom

Last edited by AfterMyNap; 08-27-2007 at 10:09 AM.