View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 01:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First, I want to add my "I am sorry" for your pain and frustration.

Have you checked with any local Law Schools? I have heard they help people in cases like yours.

Based on my experience with attorneys, he is saying he doesn't think you will win and doesn't want to put you through the pain (IF he/she are decent human beings).

Some attorneys might say that because they don't think they can make enough money.

My VA case has been struggling along for 20 years. My fault mostly. Just did not have the energy to fight with them. I am contemplating hiring an attorney and giving him all the "past monies" due me. I would hope that would motivate him. My attorney looked at my SSDI case and called me back, saying he wouldn't take my case because it was a slam-dunk. Save my money and file it myself. He was right. I submitted and it was lost. I resubmitted in Sept and got my check in January. Four months. 100% disabled. (Which I am in more than one category).

Could you make that kind of an offer to your old attorney?

He might be telling you he is in over his head too. Hard to say.

So...Law School assistance or offer all of the money you might get in arrears, or better yet, ask the old attorney if he knows of anyone who handles these difficult cases. If he actually makes a referral, the new attorney may owe the old attorney $$$$. So I would ask over the phone or something.

I personally wish we could go to a website to see what a lawyers won-lost record is in these cases. Not totally accurate, but it is one kind of a measuring stick. Maybe go to a search engine, type in your type of case and see if any national chains show up. I am told some law firms make a living on these cases and even have a file on who they might see in court.

Best wishes....you are not alone. I have had "One set of footprints in the sand" for some time.
dllfo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote