View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 01:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Chat

I was changed from Gabipentin to lyrica and am glad I did, the lyrica works better (for me) and at smaller doses, they are very similar drugs made by the same company. Make sure that they start her at a very small dose and there was a period of almost dizyness but it goes away after being on it for some weeks. and I found too that it realy cuts down my oversensitivity and the general achyness to a large extent.

I was also on Amitriptyline and was switched to Trazadone (also a tricelic antidepressant) because the Amitriptyline was making me gain weight like crazy.. my blurry eyes stayed the same throughout the changes as did the ballance problems so I too think it is just more of the RSD effecting our vision etc.. rather than meds methinks

I have been out of touch and I am very sory to learn of Ali's independant spread from a fall, and I sure hope it settles down for her realy soon.. Does she take vitimin C? they are starting to find that it can stave off occurance of RSD after a break so it's gotta help us right? well it can't hurt anyway and may help lots.

Here is an abstract on a clinical trial with vitimin C and RSD that you will find very interesting it is called "Can Vitamin C Prevent Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in Patients with Wrist Fractures?"
:http://www.ejbjs.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/7/1424

Yes it can!

best wishes and healing hugz,
Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote