View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 08:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks all!!! I don't know what they are going to do yet. I made an appointment with ANOTHER new Endocrinologist and have to see her next week. The one at our school probably would not be too happy with me, since I went outside the school for surgery. I really liked her though.

Meanwhile, the new doc's nurse mentioned thyroid storm... Now I have a name for what started right after surgery. Sweats, flushing, irritability, heart palpitations etc. It is much better now, but felt like menopause X2...

This new doc... A female and in her first practice. Anyone care to comment on this? More time with patient perhaps? too new? give her a try??? The third Endo I saw was a guy who could have used Patient Communication 101... He also said I did NOT have Hashimoto's...

Scarlett (?)

By the way, I was once diagnosed with Hashimoto's 15 years ago. It has taken until now to have this confirmed and only by reason of surgery results, despite having elevated thyroid autoantibodies... No one seemed swayed by the various symptoms I had developed over the years....
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote