View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Red face

So sorry for your accident C B. That really sucks. I know what you're talking about. It's called parasthesia. it's numb but it hurts like nobody's business when touched. I have had that twice in my life but not from gunshot. Once was a neck injury that made my entire left arm that way. Even a tiny breeze across the skin hurt. I was in agony BUT it did heal. Took a while, a couple years I think but in the meantime my arm felt So tired ALL the time and was useless. The other time was a cheek fracture. I fell in the bathtub and smashed my face. I SAW stars. It was horrible. My whole side of face was numb and still feel effects of that now and it's been almost 20 years since that happened but the numbnes has almost totally gone away. . BUT the pain does subside in time.

Nerve pain is really tough to alleviate. I got NO help whatsoever from doctors. I had to just try to make myself comfortable and try not to aggravate the situation while I was healing. Sometimes I'd used a topical rub like Bengay and massage to stop the muscle pain, yes, even on my face and it did help a little. Muscle spasms Really hurt when the nerve is trying to heal and they happen alot. The muscle around the nerve spasms to protect the nerve. Sometimes heat, either moist or dry, you have to see what works at the time. I'm not the kind of person who runs to the doc for every little thing so I experimented alot to try to help myself. And I took a lot of Tylenol or Excedrin.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote