Thread: Flying with RSD
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 08:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello ali12,
I am sure you heard RSD is different for everyone. I only had it in my left arm until March of this year and now have full body RSD. I have flown quite a few times since I was diagnosed with mine in 2003. The longest flight was to Europe which was an 8 hour flight. The majority of my flights are usually 4 hrs long. I noticed the pain increases, ( not so much because of the take off or landing but mostly the pressure) as does the swelling and since the airports have such intense searches I choose to not wear my tens unit anymore which I wear 24/7 on the international flights because it is such a nightmare. I do double up on the pain meds just before flight to help. I am heading to Eurpoe in Dec. and I am a nervous wreck worrying about flying for such a long flight because it will be my first long flight with full body RSD but I am sure it will be all worth it when I arrive. Try to get up if you can during the flight, as the others said it is good to move about and sitting next to the window is also the way to go, you avoid getting bumped by others. I do let the airling know when I am setting up the flight and I present a letter at check in, (from my Dr.) that way they will let your daughter board first and she will not have to hop over people nor will they have to be bumping into her. I wish the the best.
Terri M
TerriM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote