View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 08:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

In the very beginning of this my ANA was 1:1280 .. with fever ..indicating some autoimmune involvement... but subsequent testing was negative as was all other autoimmune testing.

Rheumatologist thinks I "had" a virus... but the numbness, tingling, pain, burning and sharp pin prick and jabbing pains have not stopped. Some of my fatigue has subsided since I nap on weekends and am taking RLS meds for a better quality sleep. My legs still feel heavy and cumbersome in movement as the day wears on.

I recently recalled that I was in a car accident last September and briefly had the pins/needles in hands. But it had subsided. I also had a double herniated L-5 in 1992 which I worked through 9 months of rehab to almost eliminate pain and inability to walk properly. Very minimal symptoms unless I overdid and then a few days exercising again reduced that discomfort.

The neuro says I have carpel tunnel and that the L-5 injury could be causing this (15 years later?) but what about my face? numb/pins/needles in lower face and lips?
babs3169 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote