Thread: veinogram
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Reading Johanna's surgeon reviews again was very helpful before I saw my local surgeon today. He said he Almost NEVER orders Physical Therapy post surgery. He proposes 2 cuts -one under arm and the other in the back to remove the rib. He takes the rib completely. And he splits the scalenes but then leaves then leaves them inside the body to retreat on their own. He also proposes a procedure done maybe the next day to open up the vein with balooning and then put in a stent--done by a radiology dept.

I felt he would do a very good surgery but I want more info than he's comfortable providing and I want the PT, the actual scalene removal and someone who knows the drugs better. Too bad as I'd really like to not travel.

The doctor said not to worry about exercising but when I asked a second time he said I AM at risk for clotting and to avoid vigorous exercise as my vein is 60 precent blocked.

RE the cutting but not removal of scalenes. Has anyone had this done? I heard that "frayed edges" can irritate one if the procedure is done this way.

hope everyone is feeling well today and that the first 2 surguries of our peers went well.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote