Thread: Question --
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 02:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Question --

Because I have more trouble with my memory when I'm not sleeping regularly, and I haven't been... I'm not sure I have this right...

but I think that someone here mentioned a lawyer in the family...

Only I just cannot remember...

I stopped being able to sleep, and as a result to think clearly, after my appeal brief was stricken, not so much because the appeals court struck it as that I did not receive the motion asking for it to be stricken... which is exactly what happened when they foreclosed and sold my condo... I got no notice.

so it's like it's all happening again.

The thing is, that I've discovered that if I put different parts of my appeal, in different colors, then it's easier for me to keep straight where I am in it...

So I'm making progress.

BUT -- I don't know how to ask for relief. I know that I need to ask to have the judgment and redemption set aside... but simply doing that is not going to restore me to where I would have been if I hadn't been denied due process last spring when the real estate market was much stronger and I would have been able to sell my condo for more than now...

plus, if I get it back, I don't want it to be in a condition that will require money to make it marketable... I would like it to be returned in the freshly painted, spotless condition it was in when the Sotheby's Realtor bought it at the auction I didn't know about until he told his co-worker who had it listed for me that he had title.

ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I just don't know how to ask for relief.

Once in bankruptcy court I asked for two different things in two different ways. I asked for the $16,000 wrong, and didn't get it. I asked for $256 right, and got it.

So, I'd really like to get this right.

In the Chapter 11 case, it was a matter of asking the right questions at the hearing... so that the $256 was admitted. Whereas I simply argued for the $16,000, and therefore provided no evidence by means of the answers to questions...

I sure hope someone knows a lawyer who can give me a clue.