Thread: Kimmy.........
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 08:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

(((Kimmy))) ... I hope things are looking a bit brighter for you. I know for me that sometimes all it takes is 'a step back' from the situation or a bit of timeout to realize it isn't all so bad. Sometimes I've found myself catastrophizing (*) and I have to really think about controling my thoughts to get myself out of a pessimistic loop. I'm not trying to make light of anything you are experiencing, but I read on another thread that you were feeling less ticked off and I'm glad for you. I think Alffe is probably right that your invite was sent to your former address.

* catastrophizing probably isn't an actual word ... but it happened to pop into my mind as I was typing!

(((KathyM))) ... I really liked what you wrote about the roller coaster ride too. You are a wise lady!

(((Doody))) ... I didn't know what the 'no more room at the big house' meant so thanks for making that a bit more clear.

(((Alffe))) ... I think your brief explanation of the "toodoo" will be helpful to others who read here. It can be hard to feel like you have no clue what some of the people are referring to and it might seem like you are being left out of a good joke. I wish I could afford to attend and if I didn't live so far away .... or if there was a fantastic seat sale with an airline ... or if I won the lottery ... well I would be there if I could. My spirit will be there and I look forward to hearing about the wedding and seeing some pics!