Thread: hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 08:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi - It's Me - Rudy's Mom

Hi Everyone! Someone told me today about this website. We've been waiting to get back on the old one, and we're so happy to find this new site and our "old" friends.

It's 4 months since my MVD and 7 months since the Gamma Knife. I've been off all my meds for a few weeks now, but the pain has returned to some degree. It's not the real terrible pain, but it's more than enough to know it's still with me. I am trying to stay off the meds and am hoping the pain is just another part of the healing process. I still have vision problems from the MVD and haven't been able to drive in 4 months. That's the worst part for me personally. I feel like I've lost all of my freedom. I had some special glasses made to help with the double vision, but they still make me sick to my stomach when I wear them. Everything is really clear with them on though. I tried driving a short way with my husband along in the van, but I need to get my confidence back before driving too much. I still get dizzy when I move fast and lose my balance yet at times. The surgeon says this is all from moving the brain around so much and should get better in about a year. Hurray!! I am doing pretty much everything I did before the surgery, except I have to be more careful and cautious. I don't regret having the surgery though. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Hope you are all doing good. I've missed you all.

Sheila
Rudy's Mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote