View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I don't know each of you personally, but I'm glad you know one another.

I perceived someone was perhaps unintentionally hijacking someone else's thread. The thread asked about setting up some chat times *here* to chat. Harley then suggested chatting in another community, but why? In the original comment and link to the other chat site, no reason was given (although one was later added after the fact). How can we continue building our community here if members go some place else?? I'm afraid I don't understand.

Without someone giving more explanation when they post a link to another community, we have to abide by the guidelines (unless you can help me understand why I shouldn't?).

If you don't understand the purpose of not allowing people to post their links to their own communities here, I'm happy to go into more of an explanation for this particular guideline. We're trying to build our community here, so yes, there's a self-interest factor at work here.

You're right -- it's not a competition. So help me understand how we can build a larger, stronger community here while still keeping some order and keeping out those who just join our community to pilfer members (because we've already had some who've attempted to do that!). I'm open to suggestions.

DocJohn

PS - Yes, and if you noticed, I'm a NeuroTalk fanatic -- that's my job. I'm here to help the community grow, thrive and build upon itself.