View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for your prompt answer.

I reread your guidelines:
You agree that the Webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
(No questions here)

Please refrain from posting links to other communities solely in order to solicit other members to that community.

For links to other websites, the following guidelines apply:
Links in your profile are fine. Link to almost anything you want in your profile page, as long as it doesn't violate our sexual, illegal activities, or profanity guidelines.

Links on a post to anything online are okay, as long as it's your personal site, photos, a research article, a helpful tip, etc. We don't want to see people abusing this by saying, "Hey, I just updated my site" and posting about it every week (which we've seen done elsewhere).
Links in your signature are okay, as long as they are your personal site, a charity, a project or non-profit effort (no commercial links allowed in one's signature, ever).
When in doubt about appropriate content, contact any moderator before posting questionable material.

(Pretty clear)

But you then post a personal thread under these guidelines which says:

Changes from 9/25/06 version:

- Clarified linking to other sites -- making it clear we're most interested in people not using our community to solicit others to join their community. Links to anything are okay as long as you're not doing it to solicit members to another online community.

As I said, I am certain harley is not "soliciting" for the other site, just giving an option.

I amm not trying to stir up an argument, just looking for the right thing to be done.

Peg