View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default i sure don't have any problem...

.. with ANYBODY linking ANYTHING to this site. WE are all grown ups and can make the decision to go to any site we please on the net, so what's the big deal?
Now i think it's time to define to our moderators exactly WHAT WE DON'T LIKE, and I think that I can speak definitively for most members on this one. WE don't like fraud, we don't like Bullcrud, we don't like false hope, and we don't like direct advertising of anything or anyone. If the "questionable links" contain any of the above, then we don't like that either (except maybe some advertising that keeps the site in business, we can choose to ignore it).
I thought that the moderators here were more "hands off" than what eventually ruined the "last" forum, but it appears that human nature being what it is, makes such "hands off" policies difficult to maintain, as some people tend to get a bit more involved than they should and then seek to impose their ideals on others. This may be completely non-intentional or completely ego-intentional. To give everybody a break here is what should be done.
Harley, we all know and love you , and know that you have never tried to be overbearing or say things of a proselatizing (sp?) manner (although you do fling the odd cookie )
So what's the big deal. Live and let live. Chill out moderators, you can "wreck havoc" here with us PWP. We often are a bit too sensitive about being censored, and we should be , because we're all subject to the right of free speach, and as I said, Dagnamit, we're all big boys and girls here