View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 11:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi kenausril

Of course you ought to call the dr., he will know better than any of US what is causing the headaches. However, we can still offer advice and our own personal experiences.

Do you know whether they are regular headaches or migraines? If he complains of lights and noise bothering him, it's most likely migraines. If he doesn't even want to play his PS2 or whatever game system he has, then it is most likely migraines.

I never had any real problems with migraines until I started taking all the meds I am on. I know that one side effect of Lamictal, my ep med., is headaches. I am also on other drugs for aids and for rsd., so when you add them all together, it's a recipe for migraines.

Bad posture also cause headaches, so can poor eyesight and straining to see the chalkboard at school. Has he had his vision tested by the school or a dr.? You could call the school and ask them if they'd perform one on him... I think the regular school nurse can test him, and tell you whether or not he needs to see an optometrist. At least, back when my kids were in school it worked that way... it's how I found out that my oldest son needed glasses.

Best of luck, and I sure hope he quits having headaches... they are miserable. I hate to hear that any kid is suffering from them.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote