Thread: Question --
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 01:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett622 View Post
Just a thought....but you might want to edit your thread title. Such as Legal Question...need help, etc. That might get the person's attention...the one you're looking for.

Hope you're able to get the help you need. Have you talked to legal aid?
Oh... you know, that's a good idea. I don't think it's possible to edit the title, though...

The legal aid in New Mexico is ... pretty bad.

I've called them several times and they've told me my problems are too complex. because of the privy pit.

I think I probably have a cause of action against the state, except that I didn't file a tort claim notice. I filed one against the city because their inspectors allowed the building.

But even aside from New Mexico's legal aid telling me my problem was too complex, after I found out that my condo had been foreclosed and sold with no notice to me of the judgment, I called legal aid to find out about redemption.

They said that the time counted from the auction. But that is wrong because in New Mexico the case law sets the date of sale as the date the court confirms the sale.

So they totally misled me.

And also, there was no redemption here for the mortgagor because the appeals court had decided that the first to file won. Well, since I didn't know about the sale, I couldn't be first at that point, and since the judge gave the order confirming sale to the real estate agent's lawyer to file and he filed the agent's petition directly after, I sure wasn't able to be first then, either.

Hence my appeal.

Now that I'm using different colors to keep the different issues separate visually, it's going along better.

But I really think I need to find out how I should ask for relief, how I need to say the remedy...

Thanks so much for your input. Appreciate it.