View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

People increase their B12 result at different rates, depending on degree of malabsorption (apparently yours in not severe); whether the first B12 result did not accurately show the level of deficiency (which frequently is the case; how efficiently a person transports, stores and uses the B12.

I am not at all surprised that yours rose that much. It looks like you malabsorb but not severely (yet?). In fact, that wouldn't shock me if you were swallowing 1000 mcg cyanocobalamin daily.

Most people do better on the daily oral regimen of at least 1000 mcg than with the usual shots regimen. In fact, many people dip down into a questionable range before their next shot. The constant daily building is usually better.

Just because your body is getting some of the B12 it needed/needs does not mean you necessarily feel different yet. Sometimes it takes quite a while, and it is not at all uncommon for it to take weeks to feel the first difference. The damage is not repaired instantly--generally it took quite a while to occur and will take months to years to repair as much as possible. Your not seeing the results of work your body is doing does not mean your body isn't making progress. Even after your stores have been replaced to overflowing, the body still has to heal.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote