View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Dr John for you willingness to listen, to sort situations out, and work with us..This would not have happened at Braintalk..This thread would have been deleted, and somebody/s would have gotten banned..That is the way they handled situations there, and it was always done under the cloak of anonymity..That is why I left there, and also because three members of our community got banned for something extremely minor a few days before the BT meltdown..I am at home here, and have no plans of leaving..Hopefully I/we will continue to help you build this community

As you now know, we are a tight knit community, and some of us have met each other..I have met 12 people on this forum..These folks are my hope, and have been my life preserver..I am forever indebted to them for showing me how to live a fulfilling life with this disease..The altruism and random acts of kindness are, and have been common place since I met these folks 3 years ago

I was dx/w pd May 2004..symtomatic for 2 years prior..I am 54 years old, semi retired on SSDI..I was a commercial fisherman for 32 years, and still fish part-time to suppliment my SSDI..I owned a 47' Dragger untill pd forced me to sell it last November..I prefer casual dress..jeans and sweatshirts/tee shirts..topsiders 99.9% of the time..(Unless I go to a funeral)..High School graduate..I am spiritual, not religious, sober 17 years in AA..Divorced with a daughter 26 yrs old, and 2 cats