View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Rumpled, you aren't being alarmist at ALL

Throughout the few years I've now had CIDP, I find that so many folks who have ONE A-I issue, tend to get/have others as well.
About all we can hope for is that SOMEONE who suffers similarly reads this and learns from our shared experiences....
I for one, constantly asked any doc who'd listen "Is THIS related to the THYROID in any way?" and the answer was always NO. I think, and this is just one humble 'patient's opinion....that my having been constantly on Synthroid could have masked the deteriorating thryoid and subsequent sx's were so overlapping with my other 'issues', that no one professional even considered it a real aspect. It was only after I'd gone on the AI's for post-cancer treatments-crossing the 'line' to osteoporosis that they couldn't ingnore the connections anymore. Don't forget, all the meds you are on affect everything, and I MEAN everything if not taken properly.

Checking out those medication prescription 'sites' is useless as WE tend to get the more obscure and subtle s/e's when we don't take our key meds well timed apart from each other. Then to make it muzzier, taking some supplements too close to any key med can either enhance or detract it's effectiveness. I have called each key med's companies twice and I plan to do it annually from now on. Best way to 'keep up' on what's NOT in the news?

I don't know about you all, but, at times I feel as if I've a very small finger in a hole in the dyke that may get lots bigger fast! The more I learn, the more I realize that professionals, docs and others don't know the long term effects of what all we try to do to either feel better, well or even tolerable!

Being cautious to me seems to be the 'safest' approach, being informed, while cautious is whole bunches better! - j

PS: When I get so well that I actually feel "PERKY" You all will be the very first to know!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote