View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Family history of PD or other neuro disease. Questions for those who like to research

Not that it would change anything but I have been trying to figure out what may have led to my contracting PD-occupation, environmental triggers, etc. I pretty much figure that in my case this was a genetic thing. I have long known that my mom is schizophrenic which is a dopaminergic disease. I have a maternal uncle who has MS which also is a dopaminergic disease, and I have PD. In fact I have been in contact with NIH regarding getting into some of their clinical trials and I wonder what my genetic pattern would show. Has anyone found out that they have the presumed genetic flaw or "link"? Those of that have PD-do you have another relative with a neuro disease as well?

I am also puzzled as to what may cause my mother to have a disease related to excessive dopamine while I get one that is related to low dopamine?? Another question that I am going to research is if my mom was taking medications during her pregnancy with me to treat the schizo could that contribute to my PD? Hmmm.... Just some stuff that's been on my mind lately. Interestingly enough I have read where there is the occurrance of PD and schizo in the same patient!!? Don't know how that happens. Must be pretty bad when the voices start telling you to do stuff but you can't move, lol!!
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote