View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 11:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Answering my own question here.
I just found out something interesting.

Brian, do you remember the "Pan Pharmaceuticals" debacle? It was in 2003.
There was a huge product recall and then the TGA suspended their manufacturing licence. Someone else ended up buying the company. Sphere Healthcare. Anyway, I found references online that Pan Pharmaceuticals used to actually manufacture methyl B12 here. This is going back come years now.
Hi Lara, yep i do recall that now, actually there was a couple of places around Vic that were selling B12 Methyl but by the time i wanted to get it, i found out they closed up shop, must have been something to do with it, i suppose. it has really got me buggered what the big deal is, its only a vitamin after all.

The weird bit about it, you can order Methylcobalamin from a lab in Kew, Melbourne [ injectable form only ] but only catch is that it has to be sent to a doctors premises, just gets a bit to expensive, when you can get 2 shots of Hydroxocobalamin for $ 4.80 on a pension or $12.00 without a script at any pharmacy.

I asked the managing director of Blackmores why don't they make Methylcobalamin supplements instead of Cynnno, he said that its our laws and they are not allowed to make it and agreed that the Methylcobalamin was a better option for the customers and couldn't understand why either, but their not going to push for it whilst they are selling plenty of the Cynno anyway, i suppose, we could use a methyl donor to convert it ourselves, like SamE or TMG i think its called.

I am bit curious about your posting name " Lara ", there is a town across the bay from me called Lara, any connection there ?
all the best
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote