View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I spent the last two days smacking my finger everytime I was tempted to become part of this rukus. And I bet Steve an Carey were doing the same thing...maybe! And I know sure as shootin' that I will be stomped for the second paragraph.

What is this thread all about. It is about responsibility. Taking responsbility for ones own actions. Accepting responsibility for ones actions. Isn't that what we teach our children, to whom we are role models? A rule is in the Guidelines and it was broken (Peg posted a copy of the rule...pretty clear to me, too), the Moderator did his job and there is outrage. So, we then go about blaming BT for our actions and use BT as a pawn to punish the Moderator.

Then there is the use of the word "home" None of the Members who used it in this thread were the ones that stomped upon it in KimmyDawn's thread, but it is interesting that it has been used in this thread and seems to be an acceptable utterance.

Steve said: "I am at home here, and have no plans of leaving"

Carey said: "We feel it is our home - but, in fact, it is a home on view to everyone." and "I think we need to give Doc John a break and take him at his word that he is trying to build community and is open to suggestions. He doesn't have a clue as to who we are, yet he has provided a home base; we owe him consideration and explanation."

I am with Vicky and her comments. I attempted to make similar comments in KimmyDawn's thread, but I am not good are being articulate any more. I have written manuals, so I did once have the skill. KD's thread got so "out of hand" I deleted my reply completely.

And, what does BrainTalk have to do with anything and why does it continue to be used as a pawn to justify what happens in this Forum. BT actually has nothing to do with what is happening in here. That is HISTORY...leave it be. We now have this Forum and like anything in life it has rules/guidelines. Should we all dig into the guidelines and do a Wikipedia on them....absolutely NOT!

This forum appeared online one day and we all joined it, and I assume we all read the same guidelines. Now we need to stop the rhetoric and live with them.

Doc John attempted a bit of humor to break the tension in here and got stomped upon. Steve said: "As you now know, we are a tight knit community, and some of us have met each other..I have met 12 people on this forum..These folks are my hope, and have been my life preserver..I am forever indebted to them for showing me how to live a fulfilling life with this disease..The altruism and random acts of kindness are, and have been common place since I met these folks 3 years ago"

To me Steve statement is an example of what this forum is about we are each others "life preserver". I have not had the pleasuire to meet Steve, nor am I a member of the group that he feels "indebited" too.

While I may live an isolated life these days, this forum and my online work are all I have right now until I can have my car keys back again...LOL It is very sad for me to read this kind of activity in a thread day after day after day. What must the lurkers think when they read it? Is this kind of "discussion" why they never post or reply to anything? Is this not a "home" for them too?

There was a day when I needed this kind of forum as Steve does now, but I am past the needing and into wanting to help, but I find it very difficult to open a thread other than news, which is very sad. Anyone in this forum should feel, comfortable to post or reply knowing that at least one member will acknowledge them.

Personally, while I did appreciate the many, many words I received while I was recovering from my adverse surgical event, I do have to say that I get home empathy and support from my mental health community forums.

If anyone would like to trade place with my son...his email of the 25th read:
Quote:
So, whats new? Im tired and worn out. Working with no days off or chance to sleep in is killing me. Only about 11 months left till we go home. My body is so beat I cant even walk anymore. Man, this sux. We live on coffee out here. I bought some of the Oakley boots $175.00, so that's good.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller