View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

same with others...i wasn't going to post. i AM a member here. i was a member here FIRST, before members nominated me to docjohn to be a mod.

i searched for help, information and support years ago because my father was having the absolute worst side effects possible from requip. i was scared. knew very litttle about pd. thought my dad was going to die. he sure wanted to.

i was welcomed. taught. given support and made friends. the help i got saved my father.

since that time i have spent years learning and helping people with pd. my husband and i own a health club. we offered to help people with pd from a kinda local group. got really no response, so my husband took it on himself.

he does personal and occupational type training for many people with pd. does sessions with their spouses too.

i was absolutly horrified when he called me yesterday to tell me about this thread. he had looked up the forum here with his clients. right there in the gym at the front desk. i had been so proud and have practily gushed with respect over the members here.

first thing he see's is the admin and mods being bashed for doing our jobs. for upholding the guidlines. bickering. he was beyond embarrassed and so was/am i.

so think about what you post. this is not a forum just for a close knit group of people who know and visit each other. i am glad you have, but this forum is for everyone.

the lurkers. family members. what about those who are in such a state that they can't post, but can only read? people that do not know how or are not interested in learning how to research the web, but come here because others do know how to do it. people looking for others they can relate to. to not feel alone or like an alian, because people in their real lives don't understand.

yes this is a home. a home base for many. but sadly there are so many who have now been turned off by this forum. that is pitiful.