View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Jim, you are the patient, you are the consumer, you SHOULD have a say in your personal care...whether your doc likes it or not...but I assume it is his right to choose what to script and what to not script. If you GP will script generic, I would get your PD meds from that doctor, even if it makes the neuro mad.

I do have two RX that my primary care and my psychiatrist both have one each they don't want me off. There is no generic for either. So, I get samples for these two because one is $165 a month...the other is $295 a month...yikes!!

Comtan is in generic form.
Generic Name: entacapone (en TAH cah pone)

I stopped taking Stalevo because of the side effect "abnominal pain."

Do you see a general practice neurologist of a Movement Disorder Neurologist. If the former, please know there is a medical world of difference between the two.

And, by the way, as I stated above I have been in the donut-hole since April. I received a statement from my AARP RX plan today, which only covers generics during this time for $6...which I am very grateful for.

Coverage Gap Limit for true out of pocket per calendar year $3,850.00

Your true out of pocket costs in Stage 2 (aka the donut-hole) $606.00
You have paid this much while in the Coverage Gap $219.54 (in copayments)
Your true out of pocket costs to date are $825.54

AARP Medicare TX Plan - Enhanced has paid this much $0.00 (due to donut-hole)

You have this amount to pay before you reach Catastropihic Coverage (which will never happen) $3,024.46
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote