View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Me Too!

I too have neurological illnesses in my maternal side of the family. There's evidence of my mom being bi polar but untreated, did drink a bit. Also, I have two half brothers with bipolar/schizoaffective disorder,& my daughter is bipolar. Several maternal relatives with alcohol problems. A maternal aunt with a brain tumor.There has been some other reported behaviors in family history that lead me to believe that there may be more but nobody talked about it. There has to be a familial cause. My mother drank when she was pregnant with me, and was a heavy smoker. I too was exposed to lots of second-hand smoke. I didn't walk until 18 months, and have always been, my whole life from about age 12 or 13, long before any diagnosis of any PD, just A little shaky, and never very coordinated. Of course now, I'm more shaky, and definitely out of sync. The other thing I wonder about is my maternal heritage. Mom was Czechoslovakian, 100%. I know there are jewish Askenazi genetic ties with PD, but I Also think that eventually it will be that almost all PD is hereditary.
Floridagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote