Thread: roll call
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 12:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hellloooooo! Great to see everyone again! I went into hospital two days after it shut down. (This site, that is, not the hospital! lol). I've had a rough few weeks but feeling a bit better now; my VA shunt was overdraining and I had to wait 4.5 months for my revision operation and during that time my vents collapsed (but I hadn't realised; just felt awful). Had my full VA to VP shunt revision which went fine but problems with pressure after; first it went too high, then after several (painful) adjustments, too low. Now they're very gradually increasing the pressure by one notch at a time. I've been home for 2 weeks. Also had dreadful stomach spasms caused by trapped air bubble when they inserted distal (?) end of shunt. MAN, that hurt!! Didn't count on my stomach giving me such horrendous pain - thought the head would do that! Still trying to get stomach under control. Been in touch with HailiesMom a lot; that poor Hailie has had the most difficult time and they're still trying to get her better. I'm sure her mom will be along here soon. But really pleased to be able to say hi to you all again and find out how everone is!
Spiritgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote