View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 08:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am glad to read that research is showing that some PD-related depression may be unresponsive to meds as usual. I believe that is the case with me.

But I am disappointed that the study is so heavily tied to a drug, Mirapex (and by association, fellow agonists such as Requip), that has shown to be so detrimental. I'm not sure if inhibition is the same as relief from depression, but that sure was the effect Mirapex (3 years my mono-PD treatment) and Requip (3 years more before beginning Sinemet), had on me. They also fogged my focus and made me sleepy.

I stopped all agonists a year ago, and just began taking a small amount (2mg/day) of Requip again last month to help me sleep with restless leg syndrome.

I think Tena has the answer - exercise and diet for depression.

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote