View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:21 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Post dear caya -

I worked in a pharmacy as a tech and mistakes -they do happen - the doctors are not pharmacist's so if they do not know -the doctors usually call the pharmacy,
listen to the Pharamacists he has a doctors degree in pharmachology -
that is usually not the MD's specialty -
call the doctor or have your pharmacy call your doctor
asap -
have peace,
tena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caya View Post
I just had an appointment with my MDS at the University Hospital. This doctor recently came to our area after distinguished work at Mass-General Hospital and Harvard. He is brilliant and very patient and sincere during his consultations.

My dilema is this: he has put me on Azilect to be taken along with my Requip. I also take Wellbutrin XL and asked him if it was ok to continue with the Wellbutrin. He said yes,, that they had had no problems with Wellbutrin.

Well, when I went to have the Azilect Rx filled, a contraindication flag came up in the pharmacy computer regarding the Azilect and Wellbutrin and at first the pharmacist refused to fill the Azilect. After much begging and pleading, she finally agreed to fill the Azilect and I promised I would not take any more Wellbutrin until I spoke with my MDS. Problem is, my MDS is at a conference out of the country until the middle of September so I am on hold regarding the Wellbutrin until then. In the meantime, I thought I would check with this forum and see if any of y'all have had any experience with taking Azilect and Wellbutrin concominantly.

I am aware that Azilect (which is an MAO-B inhibitor) should not be taken with an SSRI, but Wellbutrin is an aminoketone. Any info anyone? I am really fermisht about all this.

Caya

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote