View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How positively lovely

...that a caregiver,NOT someone with the illness herself,has laid herself wide open to response on this forum.Your voice Therese is as important, if not at times,more so than ours.You carers give a wonderful,valuable insight as to how it is to be on the sometimes [not in your case necessarily] the receiving end of the hurts,the frustrations,the burdens of PD.How wonderful that you are fighting for this forum and I for one,wish to say a heartfelt thank you.We can all get so wrapped up in dealing with this illness that we forget about the pain and struggles of those around us. This is a wake up call.

As for the management here,I can only express my own personal gratitude...but that is not negating Harleys initial sense of disillusion.I don`t for one minute believe she had dishonourable intentions and it is uplifting to see how she,and Doc John,have resolved this conflict and have remained respectful of each other.Back to my support of the moderators When I threw my wobbly, [ugh] the unbiased support I received was second to none...both via pm and publlically.They remained neutral throughout and non judgemental,affording me the time to slip back on here when I was ready.No pressure,no condemnation,just patient,gentle and wise guidance.

Although I haven`t been compelled as of late to either start a new thread or add to one [I am fighting my own battle here back home] I know for sure I would miss this forum if it were to dissolve.Many a sleepless night would have been made unbearable were it not for the option of coming here,to join my "friends" and support system.Yes..this has been my major lifeline...a place where I could safely vent,wade through reams of information [if I were patient enough] share in the agonies and ecstacies of peoples lives,support or raise a smile where necessary.It has both afforded me the opportunity to both RECEIVE and GIVE....both fundamental to a hhumans purpose in life.

I have sometimes written and then hit the SEND button thinking "Oh you PRAT !" but have relied upon the understanding and patient nature of all who are onboard,to not make me walk the plank...because I have bombed.

Believe me...THIS is the single,solitary unique place where I can kick the cat off the hearth and not be hauled over the coals for it.For I cannot do the same back here in the so called comfort of my own home.
And my guess is,this just might be the ssame for many others.

Yes..this forum has peaks and troughs....jusut like life really....but at the end of the day...it is my LIFELINE..and so are the folk who are on it.

Thank you to all of you.
And Doc John..how nice to see the face behind the name.Can you pop in more often x There...have sent you a kiss.Now you can`t refuse that can you?

Love
Steff
x