View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 06:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Disaster preparedness

Has anyone put any thought into preparing for a hurricane without any air support? Think about it. Look at the New York area The NY TRACON is in Westbury and the ARTCC is in Ronkonkoma. They are about 35 miles apart. If one gets hit with a disaster what are the chances that the other will still be there and operational?

Most likely the radars and the phone lines plus the antennas and dishes will not be there. When the FAA did this I don't think they were thinking about any kind of disaster plan. I don't think that there is a government plan that tells you to put 2 vital systems only 35 miles apart. But this is happening all over the U.S.

If you think this is silly then you will love what I have to tell you about South Florida. They are putting the same to vital radar systems only 1.5 nautical miles apart. I would really like to see the government plan that tells them to endanger lives and the economy of an area. I have all the official paper work on this website. www.faahope.com I will fight this to try and save the people and businesses of South Florida. I have an open case in the Office Of the Inspector General’s in the Department Of Transportation since Jan 2007. I’m not giving up without a fight.