Thread: Numbness
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 11:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

It's intersting about driving. (I haven't driven since I had the muscle seizures with tetanus and my legs would movve without me intending them too. But I so want to drive again one day. I want to go to Old Oraibi.. I forget how it's spelled, a Hopi village, and get my earrings mended that I bought there.)

When I'd first been living in the hydrogen sulfide I was always bumping my head, and spilling things because I didn't judge the distance right and I'd hit the edge of a cabinet with a pitcher, or a door jam with a plate...

I asked each of my therapists at the time, the one was helping me with adjusting to learning of my mental disability: loss of processing speed and working memory, and the other was helping me learn compensation techniques.

Each of them had brain damage, traumatic brain injury, which is what I got when I fell and hit my head on the brick floor. And they too had problems with bumping into things. But each of them said that driving was okay. I can't remember how they explained that, but they said that it was.

What amazes me now, is that I don't bump into things nearly as much any more, and I'm sure that's related to the huge amounts of B12 I've had since I had tetanus... I remember that the one therapist had tiny tiny moons -- but on each of her fingers, so I didn't think B12 could be a problem for her... but now that I have tiny tiny moons on a few more fingers, I can see that while that's great, more improvement is needed.