View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Consider:

The day I lose 10 inches around my waist from only 3 minutes of exercise a day, I'll call up Richard Simmons and take him out to dinner.

Your results are absolutely mind boggling.

Years ago, (and I mean years ago), I went on this diet, really really strict. Gave up everything for one month. I just walked at night with my neighbor who was 50 lbs overweight.

We walked and we walked for one hour every single night.

I ate protein, lean this, lean that. BUT!!! I was also on oral diabetes meds. Lots of them.

I didn't lose a darn thing. Got so frustrated, I went back to chips and dips at night.

Very frustrating when you do what you are supposed to do and nothing works.

But ever since I am on the Lantus and I eat extremely healthy, no refined sugars, no sugars at all, well, I dropped the weight. My body also changed.

Heavy people really never look at their bodies by the way. All these Angelinas, and Jennifer Love Hewitts, well, they can do their bra commercials and put on their bikinis and look at themselves in the mirrior, but heavy people don't. They just put on clothes, hope that nothing is bulging and mostly, concentrate on their face and makeup. All my friends are like this, and so was I. I would pass a mirror and never look into it. Because I knew what I would look like.

I can laugh about it now. Oh, this is a funny story. When I was 24, I lost 85 lbs. My first successful weight loss story. My first serious boyfriend, my first everything. But I did this in 5 months. I went from being really overweight, to looking like Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra. Really changed my looks.

So there I was one day, walking past a storefront with a mirror and I said to myself "oh who is that girl, what a nice outfit she has on". Guess who it was?? ME!!! I had no idea what I really looked like because I never paid attention to my body. So when I lost all the weight really really fast, and put some outfit on that my mother had purchased for me, it still didn't click in my head, that I was the person in the mirror who just walked by. This is not an uncommon thing among formerly overweight people.

And one day, I was laying on the couch, and I felt a bony something. I started to go "oh my god, what is this thing?" It was my hip bone. I had never felt my hip bone before.

And shortly after that I went to my doctor for a checkup. I will never forget his face. After listening to my lungs he goes "very good, very good, how do you feel? and I said 'well, I have this hard thing in my torso, what is this thing?" and he goes "what do you mean, you have this hard thing on your torso?" and I put his hand and he burst out laughing and he goes "melody, that's one of your ribs".

You see, I had never felt my ribs before.

This happend years ago. I have gained and lost millions of pounds since I was 24. But now, I believe I have a mental handle on my over-eating.

I'm feeling lots of things these days.

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote