View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

lol re the bones...

I remember similar experiences... though I knew they were my bones and didn't have to ask a doctor.

I think another thing that's a problem with weight loss is... I don't know exactly how to categorize this, but when I was getting my solar in, for instance, I did a lot of work... I painted a lot and straightened the house up... with a lot of rest between minutes of work.

But mostly I noticed that when I was painting I'd sort of force myself to stick with it a minute past the beginning of the pain... etc.

And so I thought that with all the time out of bed and working I'd lose masses of weight.

Nope.

Not at all.

So I think that when we do things where we are forcing ourselves to complete something despite pain, that we somehow turn off our metabolism as we try to ignore the pain.

And when our metabolism isn't working, we aren't losing weight.

Three minutes a day, Melody.

If the people you described in the cranes did three minutes a day, and I realize they'd have to work up to that much, the way that I did, they'd lose the weight too.

But when someone is as overweight as I was, two pounds a week doesn't make a visible difference for months and months.

On the other hand, my body has the time to firm up my skin and not leave me with a bloodhound body (full of loose skin).