View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Question for Rose about B-12

Rose, my friend called up iherb.com because she's a diabetic like me and she and I were talking about how the methyl b-12 has helped me.

Now she does not watch her sugar or her weight. It's her business. She asked about iherb.com and I told her. I also told her to go on the internet and do the research before she buys anything. She was diagnosed with a diabetic stomach but doesn't believe the doctor because "what the hell does he know anyway". (Sigh). Oh well.

So she calls the iherb.com and they gave her the number for Jarrows (the people who make the B-12), only it's not Jarrow. Starts with an M or something. She got a nutritionist/pharmacist on the phone (or someone who knows nutrition), and she told him what I was taking and he told her

"we never tell anyone to take massive doses like that and we only recommend this (if you are going to take massive doses), then only 3 times a week. So she tells me "you should not be taking 5000 every morning". I told her "it has helped my neuropathy and there are no side effects"

She countered with "well the guy on the phone says you should only be taking this three times a week". And she further said "I kept asking him if he could recommend this because I'm diabetic but he hemmed and he hawed" Why on earth would he not recommend his own product for a diabetic? I am very confused.

Now Rose, should I take this every day, or would it be okay to take this three times a week. I'm just curious. It would be more economical for me to do the 3 times a week. But I don't want to ruin my PN, if you know what I mean.

And what do I tell my friend who now thinks she knows everything there is to know about Methyl B-12 because she spoke to a guy on the phone.

When I told her to google nerve repair and Methyl B-12, her response was "but you know I don't go on the internet". I said "you always go to the food network website". she said "Oh, that's different, I'm getting recipes".

oh lord.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote